Trusts & Estate Paralegal
Well established multi-state Legal firm seeks a trusts and estates Paralegal near downtown West Palm Beach
Candidate can expect a high volume of complex, detailed work involving estate administration, trust administration and fiduciary accounting. The paralegal must be able to work independently, handling the administration of an estate from beginning to end, and collaborating with attorneys as needed. Because much of the work is in the areas of accounting and taxes, the paralegal must have good mathematical skills, good organizational skills, and strong technological skills.
Candidate should possess the ability to manage and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment, flexibility to work overtime, as deadlines require, and be comfortably multitasking.
The paralegal must be able to interact with, and show compassion to, individuals who may have suffered the loss of a loved one or are under a great deal of stress.
You will be offered a base salary commensurate with experience inclusive of an outstanding full suite of benefits.
- Identifying, gathering, and valuing assets;
- Preparing various probate and estate administration documents;
- Preparing accountings for both estates and trusts;
- Preparing federal estate tax returns;
- Preparing federal and state fiduciary income tax returns;
- Reviewing and interpreting wills and trust agreements, in collaboration with attorneys, so as to implement the plan during the estate and trust administration process and to fund trusts;
- Managing a docket system and tracking deadlines
- Paralegal must be able to use reference materials and perform basic research using a variety of resources.