Telecommunications and VoIP Field Technician
Jupiter based company seeks Telecommunications and VoIP Field Technician. We are looking for a technician to work primarily in SE Florida.
Perfect candidate has a great attitude, is willing to get hands dirty and wants to grow with the company.
Candidate must process Voice over IP (VoIP), telecommunications, including system installation, broadband circuits, and troubleshooting best practices. Position is primarily 8 am to 5 pm. Occasional after-hours work may be required.
Key responsibilities include
- VoIP and traditional system installations
- Troubleshoot existing installations
- Knowledge of installing low voltage cabling such as copper and fiber voice, data, coaxial
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills are required and will be assessed
- Ability to learn systems from technical manuals and online resources
- Friendly demeanor
- Patience with non-technical individuals
- Minimum of one years’ experience with Telecommunications, IT, or troubleshooting
- Must be able to differentiate between cable-pair colors
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
- Working knowledge of computer networks
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits
- Previous experience with traditional and IP telecommunications systems