West Palm Beach, FL CPA Firm established in 1932 seeks a Tax Manager. A Tax Manager leads and manages multiple client engagements to deliver quality tax and consulting services. The position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement.
- Reviews and manages staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non-Profit, gift, and multi-state).
- Prepares complex federal and state income taxes for individuals, entities and trusts.
- Prepares and reviews complex tax planning projections for individuals and entities’ estimated tax liability.
- Manages and monitors client deliverables and due dates.
- Conducts complex research and prepares memorandums outlining findings and conclusions.
- Develops new and existing client relationships and demonstrates knowledge of client businesses.
- Trains staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
- Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Provides innovative tax planning and reviews complex income tax returns.
- Identifies and mitigates tax risks.
We believe in work/life balance and treat employees fairly. While overtime is required during tax season, we generally require significantly less than other firms. Employees are given broad discretion on how to complete tasks. Tax Manager will be provided with new and challenging opportunities to help ensure they are continually growing as a professional.
We provide a very generous ongoing compensation structure for any new work brought in and managed by an employee.
Tax Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master’s degree preferred
- CPA or EA certification or candidate recommended, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience preparing various types of tax returns for individual, businesses, and trusts with a CPA firm.
- Minimum of 2 years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a CPA firm or private company.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and tax software, preferably Lacerte.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Possesses leadership skills and the ability to manage and provide ongoing support and mentorship to other employees.