Smart Grid Technician
Smart Grid Technician needed for utility subcontracting company. Candidates must have knowledge of high voltage power systems. Knowledge of electrical utility distribution feeder systems and substations. Ability to work with software to program devices. Requires that you have transportation. Ability to strictly follow procedures. Outstanding starting salary and benefits after probationary period.
The scope of work includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Programming Devices utilizing company provided laptop and vendor based applications
2. Work with device data and prepare reports.
3. Perform device operational checks utilizing approved processes.
4. Perform site pre-checks to include physical site accessibility and validation of construction standards followed by installation crews
5. Validation of field testing with office personnel to confirm appropriate levels of communications response and accuracy of point mapping.
6. Perform final commissioning and certification.
7. Troubleshoot 'in service' devices which have gone into an abnormal state.
8. Support data gathering on in service devices. This would require remotely accessing devices with laptops.