Scheduler - Home Health
Home Health Scheduler
Minimum of 1 year of direct experience in home health scheduling is required.
To support all employees and company needs. To organize schedules in coordination with the needs of clients’ home healthcare services and perform diversified clerical duties.
1. Create and maintain documents, process requests, maintain and manage calendars, input reported mileage and expenses, schedule meetings, provide telephone support, and manage special projects
2. Schedule caregivers with clients and communicate changes
3. Provide inspiration, leadership, and motivation to all staff.
4. Update schedule changes as needed and distribute to all parties involved.
5. Update Client and Caregiver Schedules, Availability and Information
6. Call Caregivers on Alerts and investigate why late, document, and notify manager as needed
7. Act as liaison between clients, direct care workers and management.
8. Work with management to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
9. Create and maintain job postings, screen applicants, arrange appointments and verify all references and background checks.
10. Problem solving and direct escalated issues to management
11. Assemble orientation packet for new hires and introduce / orient them to our Client and Client home.
12. Input new Client and Employee information into our systems
13. Maintain and update employee attendance records as needed.
14. Confirm / Verify Telephony daily, note and escalate repeat offenders to manager
15. On-call up to 2 weekends per month (Fri 5pm-Mon 8am) and 2 week nights per week (5p-8a)
16. Cover shifts with clients when needed.
17. Double check schedule accuracy for payroll and billing.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year direct experience in home health scheduling
- Strong analytical, detail-orientation, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to manage multiple projects with deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to multi-task, provide precise follow-up, and take on additional tasks with short notice Skills Oral Communication Skills Written Communication Skills Technical Communication Customer Relations Customer Service Diplomacy Filing Math Aptitude MS Office Negotiations Ability to Lift and Move up to 75 lbs. Organization Planning Professionalism Project Management Presentation QuickBooks Reading
Time Management Typing Skills Education/Training Degree:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Must have the ability to operate standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, multi-line telephone, computer, printer, and fax machine.
Experience Prior home care experience required. Prior administrative experience required.