Scheduler - Home Health Private Duty
Location : Hobe Sound
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-2
Required Education : High School, Associates desired
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Home Health
Job Category : Healthcare - Support Services
Job Description :
We have an immediate opening for a Private Duty Home Health Services Scheduler in Hobe Sound, Florida
General Summary: Responsible for the coordination of patient visits, maintenance and upkeep of scheduling records and logbooks. This includes the accurate and timely communication of scheduling changes between office and field staff. Experience as an office manager and staff management is a plus
- Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
- Responsible for the coordination of patient visits, maintenance of scheduling records, and accurate and timely communication of schedule changes to the office and field staff
- Coordinates and schedules field staff assignments, making certain that all patients are assigned to staff that are qualified to provide the level of care
- Communicates directly with field staff on a daily basis and documents confirmation and/ or changes in scheduling software.
- Schedules new cases to ensure care coordination meets agency regulations and follows up with field staff on any scheduling issues
- timely follow through with staff, patients/families, and physicians which may include but not limited to Start of Care (SOC) report, emails, faxes, labs, etc.
- Maintain a current client roster with necessary information.
- Provide effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
Required Qualifications :
- At least one (1) year experience in a Home Health office environment
- Home Health scheduling of experience required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Computer skills.
- Must read, write, and comprehend English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current driver’s license in good standing.
- Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and courteous manner at all times.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and Company needs.
- Environmental/Working Conditions:
- Works primarily in an office environment.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather.
- Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements:
- Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance.
- Computer and basic office equipment.