RN Weekend - Baylor - Home Health
Location : Sarasota
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-3
Required Education : BA/BS Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Home Health
Job Category : Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Job Description :
Responsible for maintaining the delivery of quality patient care by assuring that the Patient Care Plan is followed. The position combines the activities of direct and indirect patient care and provides direct care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The Staff Nurse directs CHHAs and CNAs in patient care tasks, performs patient assessments, develops patient care plans, evaluates the plan effectiveness, modifies it as appropriate and documents all patient care provided.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing after-hours support and weekend on-call nursing services by assisting patients’ over the phone or by making home health visits that includes skilled assessments and patient care in accordance with the client's plan of care.
As a RN on the weekends, you will:
• Be responsible for promoting and maintaining optimal client care; diagnosing and providing treatment for human responses to actual or potential health problems.
• Make the initial nursing evaluation visit.
• Re-evaluate the client's nursing needs as required.
• Initiate the plan of care and necessary revisions.
• Provide those services requiring substantial special skills within nurse’s scope of Practice Act. • Assign, supervise and teach other clinical personnel.
• Initiate appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Inform the physician and other personnel of changes in the client's condition and needs.
• Counsel and instruct the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Prepare clinical and progress notes.
• Participate in in-service training programs.
• Possess the ability to carry out job requirements as instructed and without on-site supervision.
• Assist in coordinating all services provided.
• Refer to appropriate community resources for continuity of client care.
• Participate in required clinical team conferences with other home care staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned in whatever capacity the patients' condition, census, and staffing level requires including rotating work schedule with other RNs, i.e. weekend, on-call and holiday work.
• Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers and referral sources as well as field and office staff.
• Ensure written communications are clear and concise.
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
• Participate in required orientation and periodic retraining related to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, Documentation Standards and HIPAA.
• Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
• Participate, as requested, in process improvement activities. .
Required Qualifications :
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
• Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice nursing in the state of Florida
• Registered Nurse with minimum (1) year of experience
• Possess and maintain current CPR certification
• Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
• Has sufficient verbal and communication skills to perform required tasks per competency checklist.
• Has sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours.
• Ability to work with and supervise home health aides.
• Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or
Organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Travel to all business locations