RN - Mental Health
Location : Palm Beach Gardens
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-3
Required Education : BSN, MSN
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Social Services
Job Category : Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Job Description :
We have an immediate full-time need for compassionate and experienced Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses to join our team of dedicated professionals working with adolescents (along with their families) who are dealing with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
You will be working with teen boys ages 13 – 18 who are receiving therapy and treatment while living at the company’s properties in this residential setting. Shifts are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm: Sunday thru Thursday or Tuesday thru Saturday (Open for discussion)
- Rewarding work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Work cooperatively with residents and families assisting the patients with their healthcare needs.
- Communicate the medical needs of residents to the Nursing Coordinator
- Administer prescribed medication.
- Oversee resident medical records and ensure that all nursing documentation is accurate and truly reflects the residents’ medical conditions.
- Assist the Director of Operations in maintaining the overall health and safety of residents, staff and employees.
- Assist with communicating Critical Incident Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Ensure that delivery of nursing services meets and complies with Florida State licensing requirements and CARF standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Active Florida LPN or RN license
- Adolescent experience is preferred but the following experience will be considered: Peds, Hospital, ER, substance abuse and mental health settings in a company-owned residential environment
- · A minimum of two to three years’ experience in a hospital or treatment center setting
- Required Skills: Must be team-oriented and have strong nursing as well as administrative skills. Ability to work on several assignments at once, good communication skills and strong medical background to support the clinical needs of the patients.