RN - Lead Nurse
One of South Florida premier senior living communities see a dedicated companionate Lead Nurse to join their friendly team. This opportunity will allow the selected candidate to be able to assist the DON with all functions of the nursing department including assuming that position when appropriate.
These Duties will include:
1) Department oversite
2) Monitor and initiate physicians orders
3) Verify the accuracy of transcribed orders into the EMR and treatment plan
4) Establish Protocol to ensure care plans are constantly Reviewed and Updated
5) Administer medications and treatments as provided according to orders
6) Direct Team members to create “At Risk” Assessments
7) Preform essential nursing functions including starting intravenous fluid, prepare, administer and charting of all medications
8) Direct team members in emergency situations and contact appropriate parties as needed.
9) And other duties as assigned
1) Nursing Diploma or Associated Degree in nursing from accredited nursing program. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
2) 2 years nursing experience (Long Term Care Preferred)
3) One year supervisory/leadership experience with a progressive history of responsibilities
4) Certifications and registered nurse license and others required by state