RN - Case Manager
Location : Port St Lucie
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : 4+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The General Description for this RN - Case Manager position in Palm Beach County includes but is not limited to:
Provide quality patient care via the development, implementation & evaluation of individual patient care plans. Is a liaison between the Agency, patient, and their families. Follows established professional standards of care, Agency guideline policy and procedures.
Also the candidate must be efficient, respectful, passionate, good team player and able to work in a very active office environment.
- Develops a P.O.C. that corresponds with the physicians orders through assessment of patient's needs, condition, environment, consultation with other health team members, at time of initial visit and updates plan of care regularly as necessary and documents this care following Agency procedures.
- Responsible for the delivery of competent, quality patient care in the home.
- Maintains an ongoing responsibility for assigned caseload.
- Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of individual patient plan of care.
- Maintains communication with Case Managers, Staff Coordinator and Director of Home Care Services.
- Provides teaching and counsels both patient and family.
- Provides skilled nursing care that conforms with Agency patient care and general medical policies.
- Schedules work load for maximum efficiency.
- Rotates weekend, night, and holiday call with staff to facilitate adequate coverage for all patients.
- Participates in Agency evaluation program as instructed.
- Regularly conducts Case Care Conferences.
- Abides by and promotes Agency administrative policies.
- Maintains a continuing knowledge of competencies related to the Nursing profession by participating in formal education programs, conference, workshops and professional organizations.
Required Qualifications :
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Florida. Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a licensed, registered nurse, preferable two (2) years as a case manager in a home care clinical experience.
- Must have good Medicare experience
- DeVero experience A PLUS!
- Experience in a supervisory or quality assurance position in acute and/or home health.