Regional Director of Sales
The Regional Director of Sales – East Coast is directly and indirectly responsible for the sales growth of the company within the Eastern region of the U.S. (to be defined by state) and the attainment of company established sales goals through new business development. Accountable for company sales growth in the Eastern half of the U.S. within the disease states of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and any additional disease state or targeted sales program identified by the company through direct selling efforts and the ability to network. Targeted customers will include covered entities inclusive of Federally Qualified Health Facilities (FQHCs), Ryan White grantees/clinics and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) grantees/clinics and their key employees inclusive of but not limited to administrators, physicians, nurses and case managers. Additional target customers include AIDS Service Organizations (ASOs), managed care organizations (MCOs), third-party payors and their respective pharmacy benefits management companies (PBMs). The Director of Sales - East Coast works under the direction of and reports directly to the President/CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Successful documented track record of selling HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C pharmaceuticals or specialty pharmacy services to covered entities, physicians, nurses, case managers, ASOs, MCOs, and PBMs within the Eastern region of the U.S.
- Experienced in developing reports, budgets and meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to develop new ideas and programs to meet customer needs and develop new business.
- Strong ability to identify new opportunities, develop new business relationships and create new business.
- Strong ability to network and leverage relationships into new business opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills combined with strong ability to develop new relationships.
- Ability to network and develop leads via email and telephone and provide presentations to prospective customers via Microsoft Teams® and/or other virtual meeting media.
- Ability to conduct overnight travel 50%.
- Ability to travel via automobile and commercial airways.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA) required. Prefer Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy or Nursing combined with a Master’s Degree in Business (M.B.A.).
- Minimum five plus (5+) years of pharmaceutical sales experience with a minimum of three (3) experience selling HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C related drugs or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience selling specialty pharmacy services to physicians and administrators employed by or contracted with covered entities including Federally Qualified Health Facilities (FQHCs), Ryan White grantees/clinics and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) grantees/clinics.
- Must be familiar with the 340B pharmacy program or have direct selling experience selling 340B contract pharmacy services.
- Knowledgeable about the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and experience calling on medical directors at managed care organizations (MCOs) and pharmacy benefit management companies (PBMs) is helpful.