PRN Speech-Language Pathologist
Location : North Broward County
Job Type : Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+
Required Education : Master's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Home Health
Job Category : Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
Job Description :
Top home health agency with locations across FL is seeking a compassionate and experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (PRN) for north and northeast Broward County. Those with experience in other settings who are looking to get their start in home health are welcome. This PRN opportunity will allow you to make your own schedule!
Provide skilled speech pathology service on an intermittent basis to clients in their homes in accordance with the physician's orders.
- Evaluates the client's level of functioning and communication abilities and makes recommendations
- Provides initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
- Establishes a Speech Therapy treatment plan in consultation with the physician and revises it with the approval of the physician as necessary.
- Assists in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary client care plan as it pertains to Speech Therapy.
- Assures that the physician's orders are appropriate and discusses necessary changes.
- Communicates with other team members and, when appropriate, instructs them in speech pathology techniques that they may use while working with the client.
- Teaches, supervises, and counsels the family and client in the total Speech Therapy program and other related problems of the client at home.
- Evaluates the client, his/her significant other(s) and the home situation to determine what instruction will be required, what assistance will be available for the family in caring for the client, and what other agency and community services will be required
- Records on a timely basis all evaluation data, treatments, and client's response to therapy intervention.
- Supervises the Home Health Aide every 14 days when Speech Therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the client's care.
- Documents in the EMR system same day as the encounter.
- Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Director of Nursing in order to coordinate the patient’s visit schedule.
- Participates in agency activities, case conferences and meetings, when appropriate
- Awareness of the Agency’s QAPI program. Active participation as required per policies and procedures related to the Agency’s QAPI program.
- Awareness of appropriate reasons for a patient discharge and Agency’s policy on appropriate reasons for discharge.
- Awareness of potential signs of abuse and neglect and the steps required to report suspected abuse and neglect.
- Awareness and ability to design and identify patient centered and individualized goals with realistic measurable timeframes.
- The ability to drive and the ability to access clients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible are required.
- Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform client care.
- On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weight up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds
Required Qualifications :
- Masters degree in speech-language pathology/communication science and disorders
- Active FL SLP license in good standing and Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP)
- Experience treating adult/geriatric patients preferred