The Accounts Payable/Cost Accounting position is responsible for managing incoming bills and invoices on behalf of the company. Keeping detailed spreadsheets showing profit/loss/expenses. Complete accounting on a weekly basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain A/P filing systems
- Build spreadsheets
- Cost Accounting
- Manage incoming vendor invoices
- Three-way matching: invoices to PO and BOL/Delivery Receipts to ensure accuracy and resolve differences with vendors.
- Register vendor invoices in accounting system, daily, ensuring coding and dating are correct.
- Manage weekly check runs.
- Reconcile all vendor statements monthly.
- Manage vendor accounts (new or existing) while maintaining W-9 forms.
- Follow-up with vendors for missing POD’s, pricing, or other issues.
- Process weekly expense reimbursements for all employees.
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time.
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company.
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Experience in Famous helpful but not necessary
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist payroll and other duties as required and approved by the management.
In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Also, must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs or so without assistance.