Paralegal / Investigator & Team Lead
Highly rated Law Firm in near West Palm Beach is seeking a Paralegal / Investigator & Team Lead to support a group of attorneys and lead administrative support staff in day-to-day routine.
• Conduct pre-claim investigation and initial case assessments
• Gather relevant information from witnesses
• Aid attorneys in drafting complaints, interrogatories and other discovery requests
• Assist attorneys with responding and objecting to pre-litigation and litigation discovery requests
• Draft pleadings and motions to be filed with the court after reviewing discovery responses
• Organize exhibits and evidence
• Prepare cases to be presented at mediation
• Assist with jury selection and witness preparation
• Provide assistance with case settlements
• Negotiate liens and medical bills Team Lead
• Prioritize and make work assignments for support staff to ensure that attorneys receive appropriate support and assistance with caseloads
• Train and instruct administrative staff on team operating procedures
• Oversee the preparation of documents and other related materials
• Approve timesheets and vacation requests for support staff.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Five or more years of experience in personal injury plaintiff litigation or insurance defense required.
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite required.
Must be familiar with trial preparation, preparing exhibits and deposition designations, and summarizing medical records
Bilingual (English & Spanish) strongly preferred.
FileVine experience preferred