Location : Sarasota
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Healthcare - Medical Office
Job Description :
A medical office manager is a healthcare professional who plans, directs and coordinates supportive services for a medical practice or clinic. These professionals are responsible for managing the daily operations of the practice while maintaining a professional workplace.
We are currently seeking a Medical Office Manager to manage the daily activities of the practice. Our Physicians are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases, connective tissue diseases, arthritis, and osteoporosis serving Sarasota They will be responsible for helping the physicians group grow the practice through marketing initiatives as well as increasing referral-based business. Additionally, the Medical Office Manager will manage all day to day aspects of the office including operations, hiring, training, scheduling, etc.
Medical Office Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages daily operations at physician offices and clinic sites and coordinates work activities. Manages schedules and call-offs. Ensures office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care.
- Manages all functions of the financial and patient management system at physician offices.
- Ensures compliance with all system-wide/departmental policies and procedures, including maintaining patient confidentiality, as well as compliance with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, Department of Health, etc.).
- Works with senior management to prepare budgets and ensures operations are aligned with organizational objectives and meets performance and budget objectives.
- Develop and maintain a patient-centric culture, centered around patient arrival and follow up activities in line with the consumerism initiatives, if applicable.
- Recruits, hires, train, and supervises assigned personnel in satellite facilities, including responsibility for performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions of staff.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Communicates effectively with senior management and physicians providing regular updates on operations.
Required Qualifications :
Medical Office Manager Requirements & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Medical Office Manager
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative processes and principles
- Ability to handle medical records discreetly
- Knowledge of medical issues and terminology
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills