Local cleaning services (commercial, construction, residential) company is seeking an office manager for their office in Jupiter, FL.
1. Project Administration
- Assist CEO with Human Resources management: design and implement policies and procedures, manage recruitment, orientation, and training staff.
- Coordinate and ensure all reporting requirements from other departments, division subcontractors, accounting are fulfilled as specified and that reports are submitted on time to the CEO.
- Coordinate and liaise with accountant and bookkeeper to ensure all financial reports are prepared accurately and submitted by the dates required.
- Assist CEO with meetings and schedule § Assist CEO & staff in monitoring and coordinating updates of the company website and other social media accounts with our third-party marketing company
- Prepare, respond to and file correspondence on behalf of the CEO and company.
- Assist with preparation of correspondence, materials and agendas, meeting minutes, action logs and ensure timely follow up.
- Assist Bookkeeper as needed to ensure accuracy and timeliness of cost entries, reconciliations, and invoice processing and payment.
- Ensure Billing/Invoices prepared timely and accurately.
- Review aging receivables monthly with CEO and follow up payments.
- Prepare for construction projects accounting-payment applications, Notice to Owner, schedule of Values
- Assist Operations as needed to ensure administrative support and resources are always available to the operations department
- Manage administrative side of clients’ accounts in coordination with operations such as but not limited to insurances, accounting, compliance, contract specifications etc.
- Assist operations division with accounting/project budget creation, forecast, spending and recordkeeping to transferring to accounting division and later report to CEO
- Record keeping of vacation, PTO , TO from employees provided by operation department
- Assist operation department with employees' performance appraisal
2. Office Administration
- Implement, manage and maintain record keeping, confidential personnel files, purchasing and inventory control systems in conjunction with Operations Manager and Field Coordinators.
- Track keeping of payables, schedule and record
- Manage office and warehouse leases
- Delegate the management of office equipment, maintenance and service contracts and systems.
- Manage technology and telecommunications systems and provide general support to staff.
- Coordinate office activities and ensure they are carried out in accordance with agreed policies and protocols (ie weekly Administrative meetings, monthly safety meetings)
- Supervise creation and maintenance of administrative filing system both hard copy and electronically for accuracy and consistency.
- Delegate the maintenance of the inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Delegate with assistance with reporting requirements to accreditations (ie SBE, WBE), licensing and insuring bodies.
- Request insurance certificates to our insurance representative
- Ensure office is always in a neat and organized manner
- Ensure office is always equipped to run the business
- Perform administrative employees performance appraisal
3. Supervise Administration Staff
- Supervision and coordination of office personnel, administrative support staff, and IT support , marketing, vendors (outsourced).
- Hiring intake process
- Ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity in order to motivate these individuals to contribute to the company mission.
- Termination and disciplinary decisions must be referred to the CEO for approval, however immediate disciplinary action may be taken for individuals flagrantly defying rules of the organization.
- Monitor quality of work, undertake performance reviews and assess training needs.
Although not all inclusive, the following skills are required to effectively execute the position of Office Manager:
- Ability to take initiative, problem solving, and make decision within job scope.
- Highly developed record keeping skills and ability to develop appropriate action logs.
- An understanding and experience of a fast-moving workplace environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service and effective people skills in a dynamic industry where emotions may interfere with practicality.
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting a growing organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment.
- Willingness to provide the extra effort at times when necessary.
- Ability to improvise when unexpected issues arise.
- Mindset that position is more than “just a job” and growth opportunities exist.
- 3+ years of experience as an office manager
- QuickBooks (no reconciliations but need to have a good understanding of invoicing, billing, AP/AR, credit card processing, payroll reporting, etc.)
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Highly organized, work well under pressure, flexibility and ease to adapt to pressing situations.