Multi-physician Cardiology Practice is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join their team of skilled and conscientious medical providers in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
The nurse practitioner will provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with heart disease, hypertension, congenital heart defects, and other cardiac conditions. The practice has an emphasis on the promotion of health, and early detection and management of acute and chronic health problems.
Cardiology nurse practitioners may also play a role in prevention efforts by educating patients about lifestyle changes that can help reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
Responsibilities may include:
* Coordinating with physicians to develop treatment plans for each patient based on the patient’s needs and preferences
* Performing diagnostic tests such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), echocardiograms (ECHOs), Holter monitors, stress tests, and exercise tests to determine if there are any irregularities in the heart’s function
* Providing primary care for patients with chronic cardiac conditions, including hypertension, heart failure, arrhythmia, and stroke prevention
* Counseling patients about lifestyle changes that can improve their health, such as quitting smoking or losing weight
* Providing ongoing care to patients with acute cardiovascular problems such as chest pain or arrhythmia.
* Prescribing medications, including antibiotics and anticoagulants, as well as lifestyle changes to manage disease
* Referring patients to specialists if needed for additional care such as cardiac catheterization or surgery
* Coordinating care with other medical staff members, including nurses, pharmacists, and dieticians
Salary range: $95k to $110K
* Malpractice paid
* 401K after 1 year
* Benefits: health, dental and vision after 90 days
* CMEs paid
* Licensing fees paid
* Current license to practice medicine as a Nurse Practitioner in Florida
* At least 1 year of Cardiology and / or internal medicine experience working as a nurse practitioner postgrad. (not including clinical rotations)
* Be available for full-time employment
* Rotating weekend call