Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and to adhere to job duties and company policies. A Mitigation Technician is responsible to perform loss assessments, water extractions, dry-outs, demolition, documentation, technical assistance and other related services to clients in a polite, professional, efficient and thorough manner with a solution focused mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Be proficient in company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
● Complete adherence to company policies and mission statement as outlined in the Employee Handbook
● Perform necessary mitigation services to our clients that reflect company,industry(IICRC) and safety standards,specifically those that are outlined below
● Required to treat every customer with respect and dignity by faithfully
representing the company's mission statement by effectively leading the customer through a road map, and clearly communicating to the customer to ensure smooth transition to the next division of the company
● Ensure all dry logs are filled out completely and accurately, which involves
(but is not limited to) taking various photos of the job-site, ensuring these pictures are uploaded properly, document moisture readings, and fill out various forms
● Required to operate and secure all equipment in a safe manner
● Required to set up containment barriers in a safe manner
● Extract water from textiles using approved methods i.e. water claw and wand
● Able and willing to perform demolition work of cabinets,vanities, baseboards, drywall, and flooring in a neat manner
● Required to apply general purpose disinfectants, mold and bacteria disinfectants, and treat affected areas accordingly depending on water class
● Required to use the Dry Out calendar properly, including being involved in the mandatory Emergency On-Call rotation for after hours, Sunday through Saturday
● Able and willing to wear a properly fitted half or full-face respirator is required, which involves being willing to keep one's face clean-shaven so masks can operate most safely and effectively
● Install dehumidifiers, air movers, and other dry out equipment, as well as pulling these pieces of equipment upon completion of a job
● Skillfully use a moisture meter and thermal camera
● Other duties may be assigned
● Oral Communication Skills
● Written Communication Skills
● Technical Communication
● Customer Service
● Math Aptitude
● Reading Skills
● Time Management
● Clear driving record
Formal education is not required. If training and experience is needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities beyond the allotted training period, then the employee must make arrangements with their supervisor to plan for time to train. Employee is expected to be vocal about limitations, and take responsibility for the position by utilizing resources and tools provided to learn job functions and execute tasks.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints as they relate to your duties from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of staff. Ability to write professional emails and correspond articulately with clients and members of staff.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word;Google Drive,internet software,and company communication forums.
Employee should expect and uphold a work environment that is professional, fast paced, with a moderate noise level. Employee will be in the private homes of clients and should therefore expect to find themselves in a variety of environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to drive a company vehicle, lift heavy equipment (approximately 80+lbs). and be in environments where contaminated air is or may be present. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.