Medical Practice Administrator
Large and successful OB/GYN practice is seeking an inspirational, strategic, forward-thinking Administrator to take them to the next level, managing the overall operations of the practice, and ensuring a vision and strategy for future growth. They are an 8 physician practice with 25+ staff and are looking to hire an experienced Administrator with a proven track record in revenue cycle management, finances, budgeting, marketing, and strategic planning, as well as daily operations and human resources. This candidate must have the ability and experience to identify and successfully seize business opportunities, implement new programs, effectively communicate with all staff, initiate ways to improve service to patients, and help the practice reach its stated goals. This position is full-time and includes salary + bonuses!
- Implements the policy decisions of the practice, brings issues needing resolution to attention, and suggests courses of action and solutions to problems.
- Office staffing and performance of all non-physician employees (Directs, Supervising, and Coaching Staff)
- Oversees financial operations; analyzing all aspects of the revenue cycle from charge capture/reconciliation, claims and statement production, payment posting, and aged accounts follow-up; develop reporting and tracking tools in all areas; facilities and physical plant; non-medical patient services, and external marketing.
- Identifies strategies for growth and executes plans to achieve growth goals.
- Manages the flow of the clinic to ensure compliance, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- Coordinates the purchase of medical and office supplies and capital equipment necessary for the practice; Establishes and maintains an inventory system to ensure adequate levels of supplies and equipment; Establishes and administers a maintenance program for all office and medical equipment for timely repairs and proper functioning.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate; Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Prepares operational reports and analysis to report progress, identifies trends and makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures.
- Oversees submission of timely, accurate and complete billing information to business office for maximum reimbursements.
- Researches disallowance reports for unusual practices.
- Stays current on coding and insurance practices and interacts with appropriate internal staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- A minimum of 3-5+ years managing a multiple physician practice with a proven track record in growing physician practice revenues and volumes; physician practice marketing with a variety of tactics to grow and develop business; management experience in an OB/GYN office preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, HSA or other related field, or Master’s Degree; MBA, MM, or MHA.
- Good knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Must obtain Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM) designation within 2 years of hire date.
- Leadership skills and ability to drive decisions to closure
- Strong attention to detail; analytical/financial analysis abilities, good judgment and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, business savvy, and ability to build strong relationships
- Candidate must also have experience with medical billing, financial reports, EHR operations and required government regulations, HR, contracting, credentialing and all day-to-day operations