Medical Collections Specialist
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage assigned accounts, ensuring Accounts Receivables are resolved within 30 days
- Works the outstanding accounts on a daily basis to ensure payment of open balances are collected
- Organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Assist with increasing cash flow by decreasing our Account Receivables aging account
- Review Bad Debt and Collection reports on a daily basis for all un-paid balances that are greater than 30 days
- Run Aging reports for self-pay, as this would include patient balance after Insurance pays.
- Review Aged Trial Balance Report (ATB) on a regular basis to monitor collection progress and locate any possible problem areas, i.e., accounts being transferred to bad debt by Athena.
- Utilize the most efficient way to successfully obtain payments in a timely manner.
- Proper use of phone and written etiquette when handling correspondence.
- Adherence and compliance to company policies, procedures, operational objectives and goals.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of PHI in adherence and compliance to HIPPA regulations
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned, as needed
1 year of experience in healthcare customer service and in an insurance collections field
Strong knowledge of computer billing systems
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Detail-oriented with the ability to work on multiple, competing, priorities
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows products.
Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
Able to work in a professional, corporate setting
Experience working with customer support/client issues
Excellent oral and written communication skills