Medical Billing Collection Assistant
JOB TITLE: Medical Billing & Collections Assistant FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Medical Billing & Collections Managers
Seeking a full-time insurance collections assistant who enjoys data entry, is detail oriented and multi-tasked. Verification of benefits, medical records, etc. Learn and understand job specific concepts, to better perform said daily duties.
Position does not supervise anyone.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work denials from insurances daily
Verify Insurance coverage – attain required referrals or authorizations when needed
Request authorizations from Insurance carriers
Work with our Billers as needed
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum of 1-year medical collecting experience
Solid background with Medicare Claims and Commercial Insurance Claims
Knowledge of CPT and ICD9/10 codes
Ability to communicate well with staff and leaders
Ability to handle multiple priorities in a positive and efficient manner
Strong work ethic, computer, phone, and problem-solving skills are imperative to this person’s success.
Attention to detail and organizational skills are required
The ideal candidate must be a leader who can handle confrontation and at the same time provide positive support to the team members
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
• High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree desired.
• 1 year of experience in medical collections.
• Solid background with Medicare Claims and Commercial Insurance Claims.
• Knowledge / familiarity with basic medical terminology.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within a short period of time.
• Above average critical thinking, communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and maintain strong working relationships with others, internally and externally.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm. Maybe required to work some evenings and Saturdays.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Follows all work processes, procedures, while maintaining compliance to the rules and regulations set forth by the company.
• Maintains strict confidence of patient, client, company and employee information.
• Complies with policies and procedures; performs job safely with respect to others, to property, and to individual safety.
• Excellent organization skills, verbal and communication skills.
• Proudly services the company by following all HIPAA, JCAHO, state, and federal laws and standards.
• Accepts ownership for all tasks and responsibilities.
• Actively explores new educational pursuits to improve job knowledge and skills
• Maintains good attendance, punctuality and reliability.
• Positive attitude and team player.