Medical Dermatology practice seeks a full time Medical Billing Specialist for their office in south Miami. This position will be responsible for collecting, posting, and maintaining accounts payments. This role will also be responsible for submitting claims and follow up with patients and insurance companies while maintaining an unparalleled level of customer service.
- Reviews encounters received for all pertinent information: patient information, insurance information, service descriptors, diagnosis codes and managed care authorization requirements.
- Prepares and submits electronic/paper claims to insurance companies or invoices to corporate accounts.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. Assures patients confidentiality at all times.
- Follows and reports status on delinquent accounts
- Serves as a liaison for all correspondence and queries pertaining to billing issues.
- Reconciles information on encounter form with information in EMR.
- Minimum of two (2) years of college.
- EMR - ExDerm, Nextech or Modern Medicine knowledge is a PLUS!
- Two (2) years of medical billing experience is required.
- Knowledge of billing and medical coding are desirable but not required.
- Bi-Lingiual in English and Spanish is a PLUS.