Under the direction of the Physician or APRN, this position is responsible for assisting in the examination and treatment of patients. Responsible for performing routine administrative and clinical task to keep the office running smoothly. Administrative duties may include: maintaining medical information, answering phones and scheduling appointments, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician or APRN during examination. Hands-on task such as: Vitals, EKG and administrating injections and making sure medical histories are accurately recorded. Maintaining confidentiality of patient information to ensure to meet HIPAA standards.
• Assist assigned provider with medical examinations by preforming preliminary physical tests, taking vitals (i.e. blood pressure, weight, temperature) and reporting patient history summary.
• Maintain all logs are properly documented (i.e. immunizations, refrigerator, temperatures, expired medications, all instruments clean and sterilized).
• Maintain an environment conducive to patient comfort and confidentiality.
• Prepare patient for examination.
• Perform injections as needed.
• Answer and respond to phone calls from patients, labs, pharmacies, etc.
• Maintain and update patient information in electronic medical record by scanning all medical records or documents into the patient’s chart.
• Oversee the organization of clinic exam rooms, including cleaning and stocking supplies.
• Provide patient information/instructions.
• Notify providers of patient follow-ups.
• Check emails/voicemails frequently and respond appropriately.
• Responsible to serve and protect Medical practice by adhering to all professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws.
• Responsible for making sure equipment is operating properly by troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies and performing preventive maintenance.
• Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patients, physician, pharmacies or all other healthcare facilities that request information.
• Counsel patients and families by transmitting physicians orders and questions.
• Responsible for logging off computer if left unattended for more than 5 minutes.
• MA certification
• CPR (preferred)
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of infection control principles and practices
• Knowledge of HIPAA laws and patient’s rights
• Able to handle multiple task and crisis situations
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt to various situations
• Able to work with people with diverse ethnic, cultural and sexual preference backgrounds.
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• EMR knowledge - ECLINICAL WORKS (preferred)