LPN / RN
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Being present during the primary hours of operation
2. Resolving any inadequacies in the nursing care of any of the participants and reporting to the Administrator the resolution and/or problems encountered
3. Consulting and communicating with staff concerning care-planning for each participant enrolled
4. Reporting to the Administrator any irregularities
Responsibilities regarding participant health care:
1. Provide nursing care based upon documentation, assessment of each participant’s status, and person to person visits with participants
2. Responsible for documentation including initial and quarterly care plans and progress notes quarterly and as needed.
3. Provide observation, monitoring, and intervention for any medical conditions that arise.
4. Act as liaison with the participant’s family and/or physician and consulting physicians, notifying them of any changes in the health status of a participant
5. Provide vehicle for communication with the family caregiver regarding problems related to care of the participant at the center or at home ranging from changes in participant’s condition or physician’s documentation to concerns regarding the participant’s hygiene or dietary intake.
6. Provide health education and counseling, including nutritional advice regarding the participant to family caregivers
7. Assist, monitor and instruct participants regarding personal hygiene, the use of special aids, accident prevention, ambulation and transferring skills, as necessary
8. Provide health education to the participants in a group setting once a month and individually, as needed
9. Administer medications as needed according to the doctor’s order and with permission of the caregiver. Document medications given and observe and report any adverse reactions.
10. Provide emergency care including help with notification of ambulance, physician, emergency care facility, and participant’s emergency contact, as needed while on duty
11. Review care plan concerning provision of meals and the participant’s dietary and fluid intake and maintain diet records for all staff to be aware.
12. Review and give suggestions concerning the provision of other health services provided within and outside of the center, if needed.
13. Monitor routine vital signs, weight, and review and advise on CNA care issues.
14. Assist participant in any way needed with the Activities of Daily Living, i.e. toileting, changing clothes, and cleaning up because of incontinence, eating; as is necessary assigned by supervisor. This necessitates lifting at times. Good body mechanics is required for lifting.
15. Review training manual for staff and assist with training of standard protocols for communicable diseases and infection control (including OSHA regulations)
16. Document all nursing services in the participant’s medical record
17. Supervise program aids as it relates to health services.
18. Complete incident reports and follow-ups as needed.
19. Periodically review participant records and audit for content and completeness.
20. Periodically inspect drug storage area, treatment supplies, emergency equipment and personal care supplies.
21. Assist in the development and/or changes of participant care and health services policies and procedure.
22. Participate in the quality assurance for nursing service.