LPN - Home Health Field Nurse
Location : Naples, Florida
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Home Health
Job Category : Healthcare - LPNs & LVNs
Job Description :
For the Naples area we are looking for an experienced LPN, under the supervision of a RN, to provide nursing care in accordance with the client's plan of care which includes health and psychological evaluation, tracking the client’s condition, coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing care.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
Required Qualifications :
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must