Laborers With Natural Gas Experience
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Adhere to company safety guidelines and standards: follow safety rules and regulations to promote a positive safety culture
· Excavate and back fill trenches, cut and thread pipe, apply various coatings on steel pipe and fittings, thermite weld, read and interpret company maps, construction drawings, perform plastic pipe joining
· Move pipe and associated tools and materials
· Perform technical construction and repair on utility pipelines.
· Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials.
· Perform general clean up at job sites and observe and implement proper safety practices
· Follow good health and safety principles, practices and maintain a business-like appearance including wearing company provided clothing is essential to providing the proper company image
· Achieve Operations Qualification (OQ) certification to company standards; Passing required written tests and field evaluations and continuing education
· Duties include but are not limited to: use of hand and power tools, digging trenches or ditches, back fill and compact and level earth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
· Effective interpersonal skills needed to ensure excellent customer service
· Strong time management practices required to multi-task several projects
· Good verbal and written communication skills required for dealing with internal departments, customers and vendors and completing required paperwork
· Demonstrated work ethic
· Understanding of the importance of learning and practicing safety principles
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED
· 1-3 years in a construction related field
· HVAC, plumbing or utility experience preferred but not required
· Experience with natural gas construction