Home Health Occupational Therapist
Location : Sebastian to Fort Pierce
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Home Health
Job Category : Occupational Therapy
Job Description :
The Occupational Therapist plans and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs in a home care environment to help patients develop, regain, or maintain the ability to perform daily activities. This person teaches patients skills/techniques and how to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. The OT will study, evaluate, and record activities and progress for patients with neurological, musculoskeletal, orthopedic, and cardio-pulmonary impairments; fine motor, sensory motor, and developmental delays; as well as traumatic injuries and swallowing disorders. This includes patient and caregiver education; discharge planning; and consultation to other professionals, clinics or agencies.
- Providing initial and ongoing assessment to determine level of functioning.
- Gathers background data, reviews referrals, selects and modifies evaluation tools, and evaluates patients determining the level of patient’s physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Developing and revising the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members.
- Responsible for planning, evaluation, and treatment implementation of assigned caseload.
- Preparing clinical progress notes.
- Supervising therapy assistants and home health aides as appropriate.
- Evaluating outcomes.
- Planning Discharge.
- Educate patients and/or families about proper safe use and recommend methods for installation of adaptive equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- Completion of a valid Occupational Therapy program
- Valid FL OT License
- Home Care experience a plus
- Part B experience a plus