Home Health - LPN - Intake Coordinator
Home Health - LPN - Intake Coordinator / Supervisor
Dynamic home health agency serving Southeast Florida seeks a Florida licensed Home Health - "LPN" - Intake Coordinator / Supervisor. (In order to be considered for the position you "must be a LPN".) This position is office based and candidate will be responsible for unparalleled level of customer service towards patients and referral services requiring taking patients referral information. This person should have good experience dealing with senior population, have strong attention to detail, be computer literate, Kinnser experience a plus. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced office. Additionally, successful candidate will interface with the local sales.
- Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
- Receive all intake information and enters the appropriate information in the computer.
- Complete intake forms and routes them appropriately for admission approval.
- Contact patients to verify correct contact information and that HHC has been ordered by their physician.
- Communicate with business development team, discharge planners, and facility contacts to receive new and returning patients in a timely manner.
- Comply with all areas of Agency’s Compliance Program and HIPAA regulations.
- Assist in the maintenance of case management notes while maintaining the confidentiality of patient records.
- Provide effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Must be a Florida licensed LPN
• (1 - 2) years experience in general office environment.
• Preferred, Home Health care experience.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
• Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
• Must read, write and comprehend English.
• Must be able to utilize multiple computer information systems including electronic medical record systems, electronic patient referral systems, and Microsoft Office.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Intake Coordinator Level 2- employee "must hold a minimum of an active, unencumbered LVN/LPN or RN licensure."
• Current driver’s license in good standing. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew their driver’s license before it expires in order to continue employment.
• Intake Coordinator Level 2- it is the responsibility of the employee to maintain their license before it expires to continue employment.
• Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking required.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and courteous manner at all times.
• Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and Company needs.
• Works primarily in an office environment.
• Some exposure to unpleasant weather.
• Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance.
• Basic office equipment to include copier, fax, multi-line phone system and computer.