Home Health Agency Administrator / General Manager
Administrator / General Manager
Department: - Administration
Exempt - Full Time
Supervisor’s - President
To manage the nurse registry and comply with all AHCA rules and regulations and to insure the highest levels of client service and caregiver relations and maximize revenue in a Home Health setting.
The desirable candidate must have a strong work ethic, good character, be a sharp, forward thinker and be compassionate. In addition they will have strong management, organization and solid communication skills. Must be a team player. Must be able to manage through problems independently and exercise good judgement regarding business decisions and appropriateness. Must be able to work in a sales environment and have exceptional customer service skills. Individual should be dependable, trustworthy, respectful, flexible and a self-starter.
Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate will be experienced and knowledgeable all ares of Home Health including:
- Customer Service.
- Client Relations.
- Team Management.
Essential responsibilities of the job:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the nurse registry to ensure compliance with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), including Florida Medicaid & the Medicaid Waiver program, rules, regulations, laws, polices, procedures, etc. as well at the Atlantic In-Home Care, LLC policy and procedure manual, with the business objective that the company will be in compliance during all audit reviews, including client services and caregiver credentials.
- Manages Medicaid and APD client relations and facilitates all aspects of customer service to include but not be limited to new client interviews and assessments, care plans, caregiver selection and scheduling, emergency planning, quality assurance checks, client documentation files, etc. with the business objective that the company will not lose a client due to the quality of the services provided.
- Interviews and contracts independent contractor caregivers, CNAs, LPNs and RNs to meet the business needs of the company, to satisfy clients, to comply with AHCA regulations, and in a manner that maintains the independent contractor status of the caregiver; responsible for 100% compliance with all AHCA rules and regulations; Assists in the efforts to recruit caregivers.
- Assists in the building and maintenance of relationships with insurance companies, long term care providers, APD, Medicaid, similar organizations, and the marketing director to insure compliance with their contracts, expectations, invoicing and remittance, etc.
- Assist in community relations, marketing activities and other business operations as needed.
- Handle Weekend ON CALL duties once per month.
- Provide direct care as a Registered Nurse to patients for assessments, care plans and medical procedures and care; direct care services billable by the visit / hour may require separate compensation as an independent contractor in emergency situations.
- Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks as assigned.
Remember to check out our other job openings, too. Here is a link: http://optimumrts.com/job-openings/
Position requires five years of administrative experience in a home health care services professional environment. Some college and/or business school or any similar combination of education and experience required.
Must be PC proficient: Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office Products and calendar programming. Type 25 wpm. Must comply with a Level 2 background check and any other AHCA requirements at his/her own expense. Registered Nurse preferred. Experience with MatrixCare (formerly Soneto) preferred.