Home Health Administrator
Medicare-certified Home Health Agency serving South Palm Beach County for 15+ years seeks an Administrator but would consider an experienced DON.
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory or administrative experience in home health care administration with one year of supervisory or administrative experience in health-related field. May be a Physician or registered nurse.
- Evidence of adequate health status to perform duties.
- Ability to learn, assimilate and apply principles of current health care practice.
- Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and effectively supervise others.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving techniques and abilities.
- Be knowledgeable of the statutory and administrative rules of the Florida Agency Health Care Administration and ensure compliance within the Agency.
- Able to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and requests which relate to the coordination of Agency activities.
- Able to speak in a clear, concise voice in order to communicate direction for Agency activities and staff.
- Mental acuity to adequately perform job requirements.
- Satisfactory background screening results (Level 2)
- Travel Required
Assumes responsibility for day-to-day operations of the agency to include:
- Organizes and directs Home Health Agency activities.
- Employs, educates and evaluates staff.
- Informs staff about home health statutes and administrative rules. Provides written materials pertaining to the same and interpret materials as necessary.
- Implements administrative policies and procedures relating to Agency activities.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Agency program as set forth in the state regulation and policies of the Agency.
- Directs installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the Agency.
- Coordinates and integrates functional phases of Agency activities.
- Interprets and transmits new or revised policies of the Agency to the staff.
- Implements standards and methods for measurement of effectiveness of Agency activities.
- Implements and effective budgeting and accounting system.
- Participates in preparation of the annual budget.
- Reports to the Governing Body regarding changes that affect the Agency.
- Develops goals for the Agency
- Authorizes purchases of equipment.
- Participates in National State and Local association organizations and meetings.
- Maintains a current organizational chart delineating lines of authority from the administrative to the patient level.
- Cooperates other health related agencies and organizations in community activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of Patient and Agency matters.
- Ensures that all staff is adequately orientated to the Agency prior to patient contact.
- Ensures the accuracy of public information and materials.
- Designates in writing a direct employee who meets qualifications stated in Chapter 400.462 (1) F.S. to serve as an alternate on site administrator during absences.
- Notifies Agency for Health Care Administration prior to or on the date of changes in administrator or alternate administrator or address changes.
- Assures that PI outcomes are effectively and accurately measured.
- Presents annual program evaluation to the PAC.
- Oversees MCR billing and AP and assures that proper billing procedures are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Governing Body.