Home Care Managers / Associate HCM
1.Auburn/Worcester 2. Springfield 3. Pittsfield/Berkshire 4. Metrowest
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Industry :
Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category :
Home Health - Management
Job Description :
Home Care Manager - non-clinical
To oversee day-to-day functions of the office in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern home care. Mange home care services for Nursing, Home Health Aide/CNA, PCA, Homemaker, and Companion while keeping outstanding quality client care and customer satisfaction. Ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership and setting the standard for performance. Maintain and create new contacts to drive business on a consistent basis. Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will oversee and back up scheduling, work closely and collaboratively with recruitment and support positions in need of help.
The Home Care Manager shall be an individual who demonstrates superb leadership qualities while being comfortable with change and at times uncertainty. A willingness and interest in helping out in all levels of operations is critical. The position requires significant flexibility, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Set the standard for the acceptance of new clients and hitting goals for hours of service.
- Identify opportunities for network development with each new lead and work with Regional Manager to follow-up.
- Oversee all aspects of scheduling including but not limited to making proper client & caregiver matches, urgently addressing available shifts, reviewing accuracy of data entry, reducing cancellations, overtime and scheduling On-Call.
- Develop schedules collaboratively with clients and caregivers using creativity and problem solving skills.
- Determine when caregiver schedules need to be swapped based on client priority levels.
- Develop keen insight into the needs of clients and strengths of caregivers in order to match appropriately.
- Guarantee necessary communication with clients, families, caregivers, case managers and other involved parties through ongoing home visits, meetings, telephone contact, email updates and written documentation.
Ensure client plans of care are up to date in collaboration with Managers and Nursing staff.
Responsible for the delivery of competent, quality patient care in the home.
- Anticipate client / caregiver issues in order to maintain quality care within client home and investigate potential risk management issues.
- Assist in the recruiting of office staff.
- Manage phone triage and interoffice communication.
- Prepare schedules for payroll
- Train new office and On Call staff and improve retention by ensuring new staff including caregivers are properly welcomed to the organization and are communicated with consistently during their first months of employment
- Oversee management of Caregiver holiday schedules
- Run monthly reports for follow-up including Caregiver Reminders, Caregiver Annual evaluations, ASAP Personal Care Annual Updates, Cancelled Shifts, Overtime and Waiver monthly reports
- Participate in quarterly QA meetings.
- Perform Home Visits as needed, creating care plans, completing paperwork
- Provide inspiration, leadership and motivation to staff.
- Provide vision and builds buy-in among staff for addressing current priorities and identifying new opportunities.
- Hold regular meetings with office staff upholding accountability for key performance indicators and supporting in achieving goals.
- Identify caregivers in need of continued support, education and training and work with nursing to implement trainings.
- Shepard new caregivers into the schedule appropriately matching them with clients within their skill levels.
- Provide disciplinary action and documentation for all Caregivers and Scheduling Coordinators. Participate in the development and implementation of staff in-services programs.
- Audit client and caregiver files for contract compliance and serve as a liaison for Contract/Case Managers.
- Ensure compliance with:
- Caregiver quarterly and annual evaluations.
- State funded visit, supervision and placement requirements.
- Caregiver employment paperwork
- Mange Office schedules (alerts, time off, cleaning, On Call, storm coverage, overtime, office dispatch)
- Oversee On Call Reports, follow up and outside On Call Managers
- Ensure Call Centers are closed out each month
- Oversee shared email inboxes
- Work with office team to resolve problems and issues that happens in regards to Client, Client Families, and Caregivers, including writing incident, DPH and Worker’s Compensation reports.
Bachelor’s degree in a Health or Human Service related field preferred.
Required Qualifications :
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two (2) years experience personal care experience is required
- A minimum of two (2) years management experience is required, preferably of paraprofessionals, with proven ability to build and lead teams
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with clients and families
- Knowledge of government contract management with ASAPS a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as a comfort level in using the Internet and email and documenting electronically
- Ability to handle stressful situations with compassion, understanding and patience.
- Can operate with a sense of urgency and is resourceful and proactive
- Possess excellent decision making, negotiation, and time management skills
- Ability to work through frequent interruptions
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours including evenings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays and in other positions temporarily, when necessary
- Has a valid MA driver’s license, a vehicle available for work-related travel, and appropriate insurance is required
- Able to participate in off hours On-Call back up support and coverage.