FP&A / Analyst
FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) Analyst in general oversee a wide array of financial affairs that include financial statements, capital expenditures, expenses and taxes etc. financial analysts are generally tasked with evaluating, examining, and analyzing a corporation's financial activities and mapping its financial future.
They are generally part of an in-house finance function which supports operational, strategic, and financial decision making at senior management level.
The FP&A Analyst focuses on the annual budget process and quarterly forecasts, weekly cash flow forecasting, and other reporting for our management team. There is a heavy focus on financial analysis, process and profit improvement projects, and support of M&A activity. The FP&A Analyst is a trusted resource for the CFO, and the management team.
FP&A Analysts spend much of their time analyzing operational and financial data, building vast databases, and preparing reports for senior management. The key duties and responsibilities of an FP&A Analyst usually include:
1. Planning and budgeting.
2. Financial Planning.
3. Management and performance reporting.
4. Forecasting and modeling.
- Become a true business partner to the executive management team, helping the team to understand and improve operational performance.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly sales and profitability reporting for management.
- Maintain and improve the cash flow forecasting process, track, and manage cash needs across multiple entities.
- Manage creation of monthly board reporting and forecasting, including analyzing and explaining consolidated results and preparing presentations.
- Manage the production of detailed annual budgets and quarterly forecasts to support short-term and long-term strategic planning.
- Develop/implement monthly internal financial reporting in support of the Operations team and other members of the management team.
- Track, analyze, and drive improvements to key financial metrics and profitability.
- Respond to requests for data and analysis to support business initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Help manage financial integration of acquired companies, including tracking synergies, creating budgets, and consolidating financial results.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- High proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting is a must.
- Expert-level Excel skills, ability to build reports and models that are scalable for a high-growth, acquisitive organization.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and how they interact with each other.
- Knowledge of budgeting/forecasting methodologies for sales, costs, and balance sheet metrics, as well as long-range strategic planning.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships with management team
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability and interest in taking lead on workstreams.
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related analytical field
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 + years of experience in FP&A, Finance, Accounting, or related roles
- Experience and ability to model and synthesize complex financial analysis, operational, and KPI data into concise presentations and decision framework.
- Experience in a private equity backed company is preferred.
- Experience supporting M&A and/or sale process preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000 - $105,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Required)
- FP&A: 3 years (Required)