First party Legal Assistant
Well established and prestigious Legal firm in Southern Palm Beach County has an immediate need for a First Party Legal Assistant. You should be comfortable supporting numerous attorneys simultaneously and assisting with first party litigation matters. Candidates must have at least 3 years of litigation experience.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Rules of civil procedure
- Scheduling hearings, depositions, mediations, and trial preparation.
- Coordinating with judges, opposing counsel, clients, mediators, vendors, and other legal positions in case.
- E-Filing via E-Portal, E-Courtesy, and E-Service to opposing counsel.
- Handling incoming invoices
- Bills clients/ ensures billing requirements are met.
- Drafting correspondences to adjusters, clients, mediators, opposing counsels and judges
- Drafting motions and notices/ ensuring subpoenas are served, redacting and putting together documents for discovery purposes.
- Ensuring deadlines are met.
- Calendaring deadlines and mediations.
You will be offered a competitive salary contingent upon experience inclusive of a full suite of health benefits offered after 90 days