Financial Advisor opportunity with prestigious Asset Management firm in their downtown West Palm Beach location. Currently ranked by Barron as Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $300 billion in client assets throughout more than 200 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. The firm ranks in the top 15 on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- Create and execute business development strategies to attract and acquire new clients
- Analyze clients’ financial needs, goals, sensitivity to risk and investment horizon
- Evaluate portfolio performance reports, in conjunction with Wealth Management research and external parties, to make recommendations for change
- Partner with other team members to create marketing plans and track prospecting activities
- Create financial plan reports using standard firm tools, but may often include participation in data gathering and/or plan presentation meetings.
- Be able to interpret various planning documents, including tax returns, account statements, Social Security benefit estimates, pension statements, annuity contracts, , life insurance policy documents, etc.
- Provide training on financial planning software for FAs and Client Specialists (CSs) who wish to create plans on their own. Includes explanation of general functionality, point-and-click navigation through the program, and detailed assistance in understanding calculations.
- Create spreadsheets to address specific issues as requested by FAs. This usually requires development of spreadsheets from scratch and is often done with little direction.
- Help create and deliver written articles and presentations to clients as well as other professionals on a variety of financial planning topics.
- Have an understanding of the products and services offered within a brokerage environment, and be able to work with representatives of those departments. Recognize when to involve other specialists within the firm in a particular situation.
- Work with Business Development Consultants to promote to Financial Advisors the importance of planning in attracting and retaining clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred. Minimum of five years previous financial planning experience required. Experience in the brokerage industry a plus.
- Basic brokerage licenses (Series 7, 66) and CFP preferred. Experience preparing tax returns and researching tax issues preferred. Additional licenses such as CPA, EA, CLU or CIMA a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. In particular, experience creating Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations from scratch. Experience with MoneyGuide a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and work under strict deadlines at times.
- Ability to work independently on projects and effectively relate to others in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
- Strong writing and presenting skills.