DAMAGE CONSULTANT (FL) JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for responding to emergency water damage cases and homes that have been negatively affected by fire and/or mold. The primary function of a Damage Consultant is to bring confidence and peace of mind to potential clients by thoroughly educating them on how we can serve them, with a goal of persuading them to a commitment to our home restoration services.
Damage Consultants must set appropriate and clear expectations, and are responsible for coordinating necessary initial appointments such as dry out installation, mold testing with a third-party company, leak searches,etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Make a connection with the client quickly, evaluate personality types accurately and close sales on a variety of different types of clients
● Availability by phone and/or email whenever they are on call for water damage (up to 24 hours a day)
● When on call, available to respond to all leads within 700 miles, within 90 minutes
● Ensure all leads are responded to in proper window
● Stay in contact with clients that are on the fence
● If we can't make 90-minute window, communicate with client
● Manage all leads during after hours
● Ensure notes are accurate,complete,and turned in before midnight of same day
● Ensure all flood forms are signed and initial and turned in within 24 hours of landing
● Make sure to communicate with Mitigation team about arrival time
● Take all client calls with concerns of schedule or dry out issues
● Know where each lead is at for the Marketing and General Contracting departments in order to effectively communicate all information/details
● Meet with Mitigation team daily for updates and status of jobs
● Report to management all Damage Consultant efforts, execution of sales scripts and closing ratio
● Provide critical insight and recommendations concerning enhancing the Damage Consultant division
● Monitor,track and follow-up on every lead that was not closed on day l
● Other duties may be assigned
● Oral Communication Skills
● Written Communication Skills
● Technical Communication
● Customer Service
● Math Aptitude
● Reading Skills
● Time Management
● Clear driving record
Formal education is not required. If training and experience is needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities beyond the allotted training period, then the employee must make arrangements with their supervisor to plan for time to train. Employee is expected to be vocal about limitations, and take responsibility for the position by utilizing resources and tools provided to learn job functions and execute tasks.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints as they relate to duties from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of staff. Ability to write professional emails and correspond articulately with clients and members of staff.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word;Google Drive,internet software,and company communication forums.
Employee should expect and uphold a work environment that is professional, fast paced,with a moderate noise level. Employee will be in the private homes of clients and should therefore expect to find themselves in a variety of environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive, sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to be in environments where contaminated air is or may be present. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.