The successful candidate will have at least 2 year experience or completed a technical education program (on going training is offered) and is able to give computer technical support which includes installing, repairing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software. This position requires travel locally and regionally. A thorough knowledge of all components of Windows operating systems, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and networking experience is required. Knowledge of Apple products – desktops & phones, and Android products is also necessary.
Qualified candidates should hold a high school diploma (some college courses), have a minimum of 2 year experience or college degree, excellent communication skills, be energetic, upbeat and have a positive attitude.
What you need to know – and will learn:
• Network Troubleshooting (wiring, server, client)
• Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 Server
• Active Directory
• Microsoft 365
• Printer troubleshooting and repair
• Excellent Windows PC skills.
• Hardware troubleshooting (all components)
• Wireless access points and terminal servers
• Need to know all aspects of IT solutions for a small business.
• You will be evaluated on efficiency and thoroughness
• We are looking for highly motivated people (self starters)
• People who can work with customers.
• When on site we are looking for results and customer satisfaction.
• Looking for a team player, someone we can work with and take direction.
• Room for advancement is great (depending on your performance)
• Basic Certifications: A+, Network+ for sure, and Svr 2008R2 or newer is a plus
• At least 2 yrs actual tech work experience, since this is a senior / tier2 position!
• Windows Server installation and admin (AD, GPOs, DFS, SiteRep, Sec reporting, etc.)
• Comfortable with enterprise firewalls (like DDWRT and PFSense)
• their layered firewall policies, content filtering OPENVPN and IPSec VPNs.
• Familiar with Enterprise WiFi deployments
• VOIP Phone Systems, FreePBX, SIP
• Knows the desktop side in their sleep- reinstalls, removing malware, moving apps/data etc.
• Definitely understands the core fundamentals of how things work, and able to apply that so you can come up with solutions to uncommon problems without having to google every time
• English is *required*, but bilingual-Spanish is desired
• Continuum, LMI and Webroot experience a big plus!