Clinical Services Director: - Home Care
Clinical Services Director: - Home Care
Our Home Health Client is a Medicare certified agency providing skilled and private duty care in the comfort of your own home. They specialize in skilled nursing and therapy care and daily living assistance to an array of individuals. Whether you need short-term skilled care or daily assistance due to aging, illness, recovery, or rehabilitation, their care givers will provide an individualized service that you can trust.
The Clinical Services Director will provide direction to the nursing staff who are administering clinical services to patients (clients). They will help establish appropriate levels of care and ensure quality nursing care. As a Clinical Services Director they will monitor compliance and all procedures and regulations for all clinical services.
Additionally, the Clinical Services Director typically reports to Top Management. Requires certification as a registered Nurse (RN). The Clinical Services Director typically managers through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. They may give input into developing the budget. They will need to be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments, The position usually requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
· Responsible and accountable for the clinical operational efficiencies and the quality healthcare outcomes through effective leadership and management of department staff.
· Consults with and advises management to ensure that department goals and performance measures are met.
· Provides input and plans in the overall development and administration of the agency as set forth in the policies and procedures.
· Directs implementation of approved work methods, patient care models and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care.
· Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Home Health program. •
· Reviews and evaluates existing policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their responsibilities.
· Participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and the assignment of personnel.
· Responsible for supervising, orientation and competency evaluation of all department staff.
· Provides mentoring through education, general meetings, timely evaluations, in-service training and management of productivity expectations.
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring all team members.
· Maintains the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times.
· Ensures the agency and all programs comply with state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
· Provides clinical oversight for all home health patients including referrals, initial certification, admissions, evaluations of eligibility and utilization of visits, re-certifications, face to face encounters, discharges, adverse events, etc.
· Coordinates case conferences oversight with each discipline reporting to ensure quality care for patients.
· Ensures an effective quality assurance program is established and maintained, including the oversight of all required agency manuals.
· Participates actively in quality assessment improvement teams, meetings and activities.
· Assists with and participates in quality improvement programs as required including chart audits and oversight of adverse events.
· Assists with processing appeals and denials as requested.
· Reviews key benchmark reports with team members, sets clear expectations on performance, provides training/resources to achieve expectations and hold firm accountability.
· Responsible for facilitation of effective and compliant team meetings according to state and federal regulations.
· Provides a lead role regarding oversight and approval of effective workflow in the Electronic Medical Records application.
· Ensures that all team member documentation is compliant, comprehensive and clearly reflects ongoing eligibility as well as an effective patient family centered plan of care.
· Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with management, reporting all operational aspects of the agency related to patient care, financial operations, physician relations, community relations or other areas impacting the Home Health Agency performance.
· Maintains positive relationships and rapport with associates, residents, family members and the greater community.
· Networks with professional resources and community partners to facilitate positive integration.
· Promotes customer service orientation to all home health personnel. • Under the direction of management, participates with network plans, strategic growth plans, marketing activities, community functions and public health education events. • May be required to provide direct patient care, on call and/or manage a caseload as well as complete admissions.
Education and Experience
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years administrative/supervisory experience. Minimum of two (2) years of Home Health care experience.
Certifications, Licenses, And Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she will be providing services. Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge And Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential.