Clinical Manager - Home Care
Our Home Health Client in Florida is searching for an experienced Clinical Manager in Orlando, FL. Some travel between sites may be required. The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately as well as the supervision of clinical personnel.
Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home care needs. Assigns appropriate clinicians to case
- Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, conferences, record review, discusses and verifies impressions, instructs, and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services, and is always available during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate
- Reviews patient's clinical diagnosis, medications, procedures, and clinical course
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care
- Attends case conference meetings with organization personnel to facilitate coordination of care
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new organization personnel and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new organization personnel to enhance success of our clinicians
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles
- Consistently follows and uniformly enforces Agency policies and procedures to set an example for employees. Maintains compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilizes a consistent focus on the Sacred Seven to provide and great work and operating environment
- Leads team by Agency Mission, Vision and Values
- Assesses clinicians on an ongoing basis to ascertain their understanding and compliance with policies and procedures
- Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the Organization's role as an effective member of the health care delivery system
- Performs consistent 1:1 meeting with clinicians, providing monthly SHP scorecards and continued education
- Identifies and assist clinicians in overcoming challenges in relationship to late documentation
- Promotes and supports LIVE QA process and compliance with clinicians
- Continually strives to reach 24-hour admission from time of receipt of referral with each patient
- Identifies and resolves challenges that may contribute to patient's non-admission to agency. Pinnacle believes that each patient that is referred to service should be educated to benefit of home health services, out-of-pocket costs if applicable, and other influences that may drive a patient's refusal of care. Our patients deserve the opportunity to be provided necessary service by allowing the opportunity to make educated decisions
- Contributes to the professional development and skill level of field clinicians and clinical assistants
- Performs field visits with clinicians to mentor and support clinical excellence consistently
- Promotes the use of patient portal, physician portal and Synzi
- Promotes Telehealth visits to support appropriate visit utilization
- Promotes appropriate utilization of services based upon patient's acuity and medical necessity
- Performs formal clinical evaluations with our clinicians to determine discharge or recertification appropriateness
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Director of Clinical Services
They provide full benefits, health, dental and vision and offer a 401K option.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be able to advocate for both patients and employees and have the skills to balance the interests of the company and the people we serve.
- Ability to maintain current CPR certification
- The right candidate will deliver outstanding service to our staff and our customers.
- You will find a way to make things happen in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic
Required license or certification:
• Active FL RN License
Years of Experience: