Chemo Therapy LPN
Busy Oncology Office in Boca seeks a experienced Chemo LPN. This is an exciting career opportunity with a competitive starting salary and growth opportunity.
Under the guidance of the Physician, responsibilities are as follows:
-Assist the doctor in all aspects of the patient’s initial consultation, and Weekly status checks
-Routine follow-up examinations
-Any emergency visits that are needed.
-Schedule and follow-up on all diagnostic studies that are ordered including proper documentation and obtaining physicians signature on test result.
-Responsible for acquiring results and notifying Physician of results on all interim reports.
-Charts information of patient progress on weekly status check sheets and scuts.
-Draws blood for various lab tests that are sent out. Follow up on results of lab.
-Attend annual OSHA/Biomedical update meetings and application in the clinical setting of the updates.
-Practice safety precautions and wear personal protective equipment when needed.
-Document medications the patients are currently taking, and document any new medications prescribed by our physicians while under our care. This includes the name of the medication, dose and amount prescribed, physician prescribing, instructions, date and nurse’s initials.
-Documentation of any samples given to patient.
-Responsible for charting patient’s vital signs, initial weight, and all follow-up weights.
-Responsible for obtaining all signed permission slips for patients who are radioactive prostate seed implants only.
-Verify the allergy sticker is complete.
-Assist or perform cathing of patients for various simulations.
-Responsible for reporting or verifying all patient problems as reported.
-Maintain HIPAA rules and regulations as it applies to patient privacy.
-Maintain open communication with front desk, Nursing staff, etc.
-Demonstrate courtesy and respect at all times
-Represent the company in a professional manner
-Maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations
-Maintain attendance according to scheduled days and hours and uniform and appearance standards, according to company policy.
-Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by state/federal law where applicable
- Under the guidance of the Physician, responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist the doctor in all aspects of the patient’s initial consultation, and
- Weekly status checks
- Routine follow-up examinations
- Any emergency visits that are needed.
- Patient add-ons
- Patients on treatment breaks
- Changes in treatment plan
- Excellent attention to detail, good oral and written communications skills
- Must work well with multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Maintain licenses and/or certifications as applicable
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information.
Minimum Physical Capabilities:
In order to be able to perform normal duties as a Nurse (LVN, LPN, RN) or MA, the worker must be able to perform all of the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting up to 22 lbs occasionally waist to shoulder height
- Unrestricted pushing and pulling waist to shoulder height
- Unrestricted reaching
- Sitting for up to 30mins at a time
- Unrestricted standing and walking
- Unrestricted bending and squatting
-Excellent attention to detail, good oral and written communications skills
-Must work well with multiple tasks and changing priorities
-Maintain licenses and/or certifications as applicable
-1-3 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
-Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information.
Minimum Physical Capabilities:
-Lifting up to 22 lbs occasionally waist to shoulder height
-Unrestricted pushing and pulling waist to shoulder height
-Sitting for up to 30mins at a time
-Unrestricted standing and walking
-Unrestricted bending and squatting