Behavioral Health Technician - BHT
A well-established, clinician owned mental health/substance use treatment center (all adolescents) has immediate openings for Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) at their modern facility in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. They have positions open for two shifts: 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm.
They are seeking healthcare professionals that can be a direct line of support to their licensed counselors and therapists in a variety of scenarios and treatment settings. Their patients are boys in the age range of 13 to 18 receiving treatment for substance abuse and mental health disorders. Candidates with experience in these types of settings and those with a BHT certification are preferred although not required. Training can be provided.
Our client counts on their behavioral health technicians (BHT) to be compassionate and competent. They are looking for the candidate who would be approachable and able to provide support when the kids reach out. The Behavioral Health Technicians are with the kids constantly.
The center provides a large variety of activities for the kids with numerous outings and activities. The ideal candidate should be willing to jump in with the kids in those activities but primarily focus on the kids being safe. Activities can include movies, educational and cultural activities, and active outings such as swimming, kayaking, hiking, team sports, etc., where the BHT would need to be agile, mobile, a good sport, but patient, fair and understanding. This position is about safety, not discipline; There are no punishments at the center.
Objectives of this Role
- Deliver a high standard of care per the specific orders of each patient’s individual team
- Work alongside staff members, caretakers, and family members as part of an integrated team
- Follow a model of care that supports the health and wellness of their patients.
- Serve as a source of information and support for patients and caregivers
- Foster a compassionate yet efficient environment that meets the needs of patients and their families
- Adhere to organizational standards, policies, and procedures, in addition to legal regulations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Assist with the intake process for new patients entering the program
- Review instructions and supervisor updates for each client’s program, interpreting previous data, collecting narrative data, and responding to correspondence
- Being aware of specific behavioral treatments, including coping skills, anger management, and other self-regulating behavior activities
- Anticipate and respond to patient needs, including crisis intervention, and/or provide instruction in a variety of settings, whether it be related to home, school, community, etc.
- Conduct program schedule management such as group activities, telehealth appointments, and individual check-ins
Required Skills and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience/interest in working with individuals with mental health disorders
· First aid and CPR-certification or willingness to be trained
· Ability to perform duties of the role in an unpredictable environment without physical limitations
· Excellent judgment and discretion handling confidential information
· Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
· BHT Certification (preferred)
· Experience in a caretaker role with children and/or adults preferred