Location : Fort Pierce
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Associates / Bachelors
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Healthcare - Laboratory/Pathology Services
Job Description :
Accounting Specialist - Role
Under general direction, position is responsible for the timely management of all tasks relating to Accounts Payable and General Ledger analysis for multiple entities. Responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll. Position should be able to work independently, with initiative and be able to exercise sound judgement. In addition to the major duties and responsibilities listed below, this position will be responsible for special projects and assignments on an as needed basis.
Position does not supervise anyone.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be processed by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays vendor bills by verifying transaction information; coding, scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization for payment.
- Reconciles vendor statements as received.
- Submits W-9 forms to vendors, follows through to ensure forms are returned correctly and maintains file of completed forms.
- Assists compiling and submitting annual 1099 Forms.
- Ensures that all QuickBooks banking transactions are posted corrected and in a timely manner.
- Prepares and processes daily deposits consisting of checks and credit cards. Generates daily deposit reports from online banking for multiple entities. Ensures that all deposits are recorded correctly in QuickBooks, General Ledger and on internal cash sheets. Processes invoices and credit memos in QuickBooks for select transactions and customers.
- Generates and balances weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports from the medical billing application, using advanced Excel skills.
- Maintains office supplies, which includes placement of approved orders.
- Maintains Equipment Maintenance / Service Agreements and Insurance schedules to ensure no lapse of coverages.
- Collects, opens, and distributes all in coming mail.
- Assists with accounting internal/external correspondence and maintains internal forms, schedules and AP, AR, PR,
- Employees filing systems.
Required Qualifications :
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing responsibilities in a similar position
- Working knowledge of using QuickBooks Online Applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within a short period of time, with minimal errors.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and report data without oversight.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures; performs job safely with respect to others, to property, and to individual safety and works effectively with others.
- Strong flexibility and the ability to manage and adapt to changing priorities quickly.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and maintain strong working relationships with others, internally and externally.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record; copy of drivers’ license will be required.
- Usage of personal vehicle maybe required. Assurance required that the vehicle is maintained in good condition. Maintain minimum car insurance, as required by Florida; copy of insurance card will be required. Will be reimbursed for mileage based on accurate presentation of mileage utilizing forms provided.
- Maintains strict confidence of patient, client, company, and employee information.
- Supports company policies and procedures by implementing and maintaining positive attitude.
- Maintains quality service by following departmental standards. Proudly services the company by following all HIPAA, JCAHO, state ,and federal laws and standards.
- Accepts ownership for all tasks and responsibilities.
- Actively explores new educational pursuits to improve job knowledge and skills
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality.